When you use the Google search engine and open a website page, there are a lot of referential links either highlighted or written in different colors in between the text. That’s a function of the optimization of search engines and these links are called Backlinks.
They surely make it easier to look up terms that you have no knowledge of, you can just click on the link to understand the topic and come back to finish the article. Another way by which a backlink function is to give backlinks in articles and blogs by mentioning the content of it and either criticizing it or praising it.
As easy as it may sound, a lot of people might think it’s extra work from the admin’s side but in reality, they profit from it as much as the readers. It’s a win-win situation.
Some of the websites has Search Engine Marketing which earns them a profit every time someone clicks on their links and by opening more of their links to their articles and other features. Not only this, Google keeps searching for the website with more popularity among their competitors and more visits.
Types of Backlinks:-
- Editorial Backlink – when another blog or article’s praise is done and a link is provided of the same it is called Editorial Backlink.
- Guest Blogging – earlier infamous for being used for the purpose of only creating backlinks, but guest blogging is back in the picture now as Google has taken some measure to fix the previous problem. For an effective use of guest blogging, use of quality content is necessary instead of trying to think only of profits.
- Business Profile – working as a freelance or on contract, you get to work with a lot of businesses and when you create an online profile for them you can link your own website to it.
- Free Tools – if you provide some types of free services on your website a lot of people are drawn to it. These tools can be of something related to you’re the general theme or business of yours.
- Acknowledgement Backlinks – a lot of businesses help one another by partnerships and a lot of businesses run on donation like NGOs and Charity based ones. When you acknowledge that partnership or the donation you received, you can provide a link to their website.
- Paid links – paid links are one of the worst kind and Google always tries to take them down. It is never advisable to get involved in their network as it will only damage your image and chances of business progress.